Shou Sugi Ban House
Shou Sugi Ban House is a thirteen-room destination retreat and luxury spa that embodies global wellness practices. Surrounded by evergreen trees and lush grasses, Shou Sugi Ban House is a private sanctuary that invites you to slow down and Return to the Simplicity of Self.
The property welcomes both overnight and day visits and offers a diverse wellness program including spa, healing arts, yoga, fitness, nutrition and culinary offerings.
Overnight and half-day retreats offer an integrated way to experience the property and are designed to incorporate multiple offerings from our Wellness Menu.
Itineraries may include movement and meditation classes, healing arts, aerial yoga, Thai massage, signature spa treatments, hydrotherapy, strength and balance classes, plant-rich meals, and fireside gatherings.
If you are inquiring as an overnight guest, visit our Retreats page for a full overview.
If you are inquiring as a day guest, visit the Spa or Wellness page for a full overview, and to explore our Wellness Menu.
CONTACT GUESTSERVICES@SSBHOUSE.COM TO RESERVE
- Accommodations in a Guest Studio with fireplace, soaking tub and private outdoor patio
- Organic Japanese in-room amenities and nightly seasonal soak
- Daily signature breakfast
- Daily Morning Movement | 8:00AM
- Afternoon Movement & Meditation | 5:00PM Friday & Saturday
- Access to the saltwater swimming pool, Main Barn lounge with fireplace and reading library, outdoor fire circle, solarium deck and cherry orchard
- Complimentary arrival and departure transportation in a House Tesla, within a five mile radius of the property, or use of EV chargers for personal transportation
With a focus on clean lines and wabi-sabi design, our Guest Studios are calming spaces meant to encourage the true luxury of relaxation and meditation. Each room accommodates one to two guests and features either a king or queen bed with views of the saltwater pool.
Features & Amenities
- Private garden patio
- Modern gas fireplace
- Custom-built furniture by local artisan All Things Dirt
- Organic mattress, bed linens and towels
- Remote control privacy shades
- Pure flax linen robes
- Organic Sasawashi slippers
- Hinoki ofuro soaking tub or Bain Ultra Air Massage soaking bathtub
- Organic Japanese bath amenities
- Nightly in-room seasonal soak
- Signature Shou Sugi Ban House soaps
- Sustainable bamboo toothbrushes
- Hair dryer
- Electric tea kettle and signature Shou Sugi Ban House teas
- In-room safe
- Structured water system
Daily Movement Classes
Morning Movement, offered daily, helps your body wake up with ease. Classes vary to offer diversity in movement and are modified to meet the needs of the group.
Daily | 8:00AM | Morning Movement Schedule
Evening Movement & Meditation, offered on Friday and Saturday evenings, is a restorative practice customized based on the interest of the group. Classes may combine gentle stretching, yoga asana, aerial yoga, breath work, and meditation.
Friday & Saturday | 5:00PM
Signature Breakfast Menu
- Variety of Freshly Prepared Coffee, Tea and Juice
- Seasonal Porridge
- Miso Soup
- Farm Raised Soft-Boiled Eggs
- House-Made Granola
- Chia Seed Pudding with Oat Milk
- Fresh Fruit
- House-Made Ricotta
- Heavily-Seeded Danish Rye Bread
- Gluten-Free Bread
- House-Made Silken Tofu with Ponzu, Soy & Scallions
- Coconut Yogurt
- Selection of Dried Fruits and Nuts
- Selection of Nut Butters
Preparing for Your Stay
After your overnight reservation has been confirmed, you will receive an email with additional information regarding your stay.
Given the intimate size of our property and high level of demand, we anticipate that Shou Sugi Ban Spa may be fully committed during your stay. In advance of your arrival, please review our Wellness Menu and contact Guest Services to reserve your preferred treatments and activities. During peak season, we encourage you to book at least three weeks in advance of your visit to ensure availability.
Please be advised that an email request for a specific service does not secure your reservation. Only when a form of payment has been processed and a guest itinerary is received, has your reservation been confirmed.
Daily breakfast is included with your overnight stay. All additional meals must be booked and selected at least 24 hours in advance.
Our deposit and cancellation policies, along with our house policies, may be found here.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.